Sunday, June 15, 2014

Salt Lake City Pride Parade 2014

I took my little family to the Pride Parade, to march with Mormons Building Bridges, in support of many of our friends and family, who ever have felt marginalized, or hurt, or pushed out, either by everyday Mormons, or by the organization itself. And it was a wonderful and beautiful experience!

I am grateful for the steps the Church has taken, and the many recent messages which remind us to be kind, compassionate, and loving.

"'If they knew who I was, they would not want me there.' Unfortunately, that is a reality. This ought not to be. Is this what Jesus would do if he were a member of your ward?"
--Taken from a Salt Lake Tribune article, written by LDS Bishop Bob Rees.-- (See the full article here: http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/lifestyle/54372547-80/church-gay-lds-lgbt.html.csp)

1 comment:

  1. That was the most fun I've had in a parade - and I've been in a lot of parades!

    ReplyDelete